Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Canine Companions for Independence



While home in Virginia, I was able to meet Olympia. She is the puppy that my parents are raising to eventually go off and be a service dog. Olympia is a pure-bred yellow Labrador Retriever. Outside of her typical puppy antics, Olympia is obedient, calm, and gentle-natured. I think that many of us look for ways to give back to the community, or help those in need, and this is a special way my parents have found to give back.

I believe in and support this organization. It can be somewhat heartbreaking to fall in love with a dog just to know that you'll have to give it up, but to know that someone with special needs is going to be the recipient of a labor of love makes it worth it.

There's a lucky person who is going to get Olympia when she is through with her training. My parents are blessed to be involved in an organization that actually has the power and capabilities of improving the quality of life for those around us.

Check it out.
http://www.cci.org/site/c.cdKGIRNqEmG/b.3978475/k.3F1C/Canine_Companions_for_Independence.htm

No comments: