Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

Fragmented

I had to have a cavity filled today and under the influence of nitrus I had an epiphany. There are so many days when I feel fragmented. Maybe it's my own insecurities speaking, but all I could think of was that I often feel like Sappho's fragments.

I have my two, beautiful little girls but sometimes I feel like I can't give them both a 100%. Sometimes I feel like I can't give my husband 100%, my house, my spirituality, my health...and the list goes on. I just wish that I could be and do it all. I know that's unrealistic, but it hit me while I was sitting there in the dentist chair getting drilled on. I finailly figured out the word that finally describes how I feel a lot.

I just can't explain it any other way.

1 comment:

Shay said...

Funny how those things happen when your in complete agony and pain under the influence of nitrus lol. Remind me to tell you the story of when I had to get a root canal, and while under the influence of nitrus, Lady GaGa's music video Poker Face was playing on the tv above me...I think I had my first hallucination that day LOL!