Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2011

It's Already August!!!

As one of my all time favorite scriptures says: "...And our lives passed away like as it were unto us a dream..." The time is FLYING by! This summer has been a bizarre summer for weather, so I feel slightly jipped on some good, hot, steamy summer weather. My life has picked up pace with trying to juggle two kids, cooking healthy meals, meal planning, exercise, housekeeping, and the actual occasional yard work that I do. It's good to feel busier. I'm dreading the oncoming cooler weather because that means snow, and being stuck inside.

Here's an update on Tasha: she LOVES her books. She loves them so much that she eats them! :) That's true, but seriously, she loves them. I rarely see her playing with toys--she almost always has a book in her hands and will want to sit on my lap and read the book over and over. I have several of her board books memorized to say the least. Tasha can now go down the stairs facing foward. She is such a big girl! She communicates mostly with the sign language we've taught her, but she does say the typical toddler words. Tasha loves her sister. It does my heart a lot of good to see her kiss and hug Corine all the time. They're so lucky that they'll have each other as they grow older.

Here's an update on Corine: she is a little chunk! I love it! She is now on the bottle--I just couldn't keep up with her what she was eating and when nursing became a screaming fest I opted for the bottle. Corine is a happy, smiley baby. It doesn't take much to get her to smile and coo. She has the chunkiest baby thighs I've ever seen and that makes me happy. Corine is actually sleeping pretty well for her age. Last night she didn't wake up until a little after 4 to eat and we put her down at 9:30. I'm hoping this will become a trend.

Here's an update on the Momma and Pops of the house: we're tired but happy. Life is good, we're very blessed. Kevin found a second job to help supplement our income because I'm not working at all. He will be starting an MBA program in a couple months so he is going to be incredibly busy. Kevin is one of the hardest working people I know and a good provider. I'm lucky. As for me, I'm good. I've lost all the pregnancy weight and now I just need to lose the excess I had before both of my pregnancies. That's probably going to be a lifelong struggle. Oh well. All in all we're happy and doing great!

1 comment:

Shay said...

Robin!!! OMG!! So glad I remembered your blog address! Glad you are still posting! So great to catch up on whats going on with you and your family! Sounds like your little girls are growing up fast!! So exciting!! Miss you!! We need to get together soon!! Love ya!