Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Bring it on, 2012!

I usually have a laundry list of "want to do's" throughout the year the never get done and every year is supposedly going to be different from the last because I'll actually do it.

This year IS THE YEAR.

I want to start writing again. I used to be good. I need to hone in and tap into that creative side of me and just write for fun and write for ME. When I was at the U, and even in H.S., I would always feel like I was never good enough, wordy enough, creative enough...blah blah blah. In college I always felt lame because I KNEW in my heart of hearts, that I would NEVER write the poem, essay, or short story that would change the world and win me a Nobel Peace Prize. So, I'm going to WRITE. I'm going to angry write, happy write, sad and funny write. It's going to be the year of WORDS for me.

I want to learn photography. I want to take a couple classes. First a photography class, and then a photoshop class. I'm tapping into my inner juices again. I don't have access to a piano like I did growing up so I'm discovering all these creative outlets that I actually think I might be good at.

I want to be healthy and happy. I would love to drop...mm...a lot of weight. I'd feel better about myself. Maybe firm up my poor, stretched mark, flabby abs. Run another 1/2 marathon. Who knows?? The happiness falls into this category b/c I think health and happiness go hand in hand. If you take care of YOU, you're happier in general. What is so crappy in life to stay miserable about for any amount of time?

I want to be a good momma to my girls. I want to have patience, compassion, and empathy for where they are in life. I want to take them to swim lessons, and to Wee Read at the library. I want them to have a FUN childhood.

So, 2012, I'm excited. I'm excited at the adventure of the UNKOWN...and I'm excited at the Known. I'm excited to strengthen new friendships, and I'm excited for....life. It's going to be a good year. I know it.

No comments: