Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

I. BELIEVE.

I was a teacher for the 14/15 year old young women in my ward (church), and every Sunday they were handed a slip of paper with the phrase "I BELIEVE" on it, and the end of the lesson they could fill out what they learned that they believed in, and at the end of the year, they'd have an "I BELIEVE" booklet.

It's my turn to write my "I BELIEVE's."

The reason why I'm doing this now, is the disappointment I feel over the results of the election last night.  I BELIEVE that this election was not only a political choice, but a moral choice for me.  Call me a religious fanatic, whatever you want, but here is why I believe this:

I BELIEVE in choosing elected officials who will uphold moral standards.  I've seen posts all over Facebook which turned this election into an equal rights election for women and gay marriage.  I believe in equal rights, but I BELIEVE that marriage is a PRIVILEGE, and an institution that is ordained by God between man and woman.  However, I now live in a country that makes me a bigot for voicing that opinion. I've also been told I'm close-minded and hateful for having that opinion.

I BELIEVE this country was preserved and founded on the belief in God and religious toleration.  History is repeating itself--the religious, I mean the righteous are persecuted.  (And there are righteous people in every religion). I BELIEVE that once I was part of a silent majority who was afraid to voice their opinion, but I BELIEVE that majority is dwindling a minority.

I BELIEVE that the tolerance the gay community demands and shoves in my face, whether it be by boycotting and picketing in front of Chick-Fil-A (which has the best fast food chicken by the way) has no tolerance.  I BELIEVE that would make them...HYPOCRITICAL.

I BELIEVE that I should be able to voice my opinion regardless of the fact that it goes against popular ideology, without having to provide documentation or facts for why I have that opinion.  It's MY opinion, and that should be enough of a reason for anyone to have respect for it.

I BELIEVE that we don't have to agree with each other, but we should all respect each other.  For the first time I feel OPPRESSED living in this country.  I'm living in the lion's den. I BELIEVE the man re-elected into office is doing everything he can to take what was righteous and once sacred about this country and get rid of it.

I BELIEVE that the hope I have for the Savior's Second Coming is the only thing that is keeping me from feeling despair.

I BELIEVE in these things.  I am not ashamed of my beliefs, or embarrassed that I don't share popular ideologies.  I WILL NOT be silent anymore because I'm afraid of offending someone.  I've been offended long enough, and no one seemed to care.  If that makes me a bigot, so be it.  I'd rather stand up for what I BELIEVE in then hide in the shadows.

I BELIEVE that it is the TRUTH of God (NOT MAN) that will prevail.  

No comments: