Can I just say, "BRRR!!!" This weather is ridiculously cold, smoggy, and snowy. I. AM. NOT. A. FAN. This time every year, I always ask myself what can I do to convince my husband to move us to a warmer climate.
I'm pretty sure Bob Marley was...
high inspired when he wrote the song "every little thing is gonna be all right," and I'm really glad he did write some good music. Life has been hard lately. I keep telling Kevin that I'm waiting for it to get easier, and between church today, and something he told me a week ago, I really do believe every little thing will be all right. The scriptures teach us to come unto the Savior and He'll carry us. Well, I haven't taken that to heart, and I should. He will take our burdens and make them feel light. That promise is literal. Sometimes I feel like I can't keep my head above water with what is going on in my life. Micah thinks sleeping is for babies, and completely overrated. The weather has me down in the dumps. We've all been sick, and getting out of the house is joke. Kevin's working two jobs again, and gone all the time, and blah blah blah. It's just HARD. I'm ready for life to be easier, so I've decided I should accept the Savior's invitation, and cast my burdens on Him because I just can't keep going the way I have been.
That said, I need to be positive, count my blessings because there really are so many. My children are healthy for the most part, I have a husband is willing to work two jobs because he believes that it is so important that our children are with their mother, we have two cars, are roof over our head, and food to eat. So many people are really struggling right now, so I clearly need an attitude adjustment.
Anyway, I hope if there are those of you out there who are struggling, put some Bob Marley on, sing at the top of your lungs, and really believe that every little thing will be all right. It usually is.
Much love!
1 comment:
I sooooo needed to hear this, Robin!!! Later the night you and I went to dinner, I got the call to say goodbye to my dear grandmother, and she passed away the next day. Between the emotional devastation and the logistical stress (traveling to CA twice in two weeks - for her funeral and again for a cousin's wedding), dealing with family, etc., my body gave out, and I've been sick for a MONTH!!! Today I was seriously so down in the dumps, but you're right - we don't have to do this alone. We shouldn't do this alone. That's why the Savior suffered all things!!! Thanks for the much-needed reminder. :) Hope things brighten up for you guys soon! <3
Post a Comment