I apologize for this being kind of a lame--okay, lame post. But, my sick kids are on my mind and pretty much nothing else.
Corine had RSV in December. 5 trips to the hospital. Tasha got a nasty cold. Kevin got a cold. Corine has a cold now. I was up all night with her Sunday night. I'd rock her, put her down, she'd stay asleep, by the time I fell asleep she was awake again. MISERABLE. On top of it all, she's teething. She already has her two bottom teeth, but she's getting two more on the bottom. She is cranky, fussy, and wants to be held all the time and I just can't do that. She's DRIVING ME NUTS. On a positive note, when she is healthy, she is HAPPY.
We've had a rough start to 2012.
However, on another positive note, I'm keeping up with my new years goals. I know we're only 3 weeks in, but c'mon--who has already forgotten their goals?? A lot of people I bet. I've dropped weight, I'm eating healthy, I'm taking a photography class, and I'm really trying to better myself. I think as a stay at home mom it's really easy to put yourself on the back burner. I'm not happy when I do that, and I'm not going to feel guilty for needing ME time, and things to do that fulfill me.
Kevin and I are planning a much needed trip to California in March too. We haven't been away alone togther in 2 years. It's about time, right? I think both of our hearts are in California anyway. We love it there.
Winter is typically a rought time of year for me. I get the winter blues, I hate snow, and feeling like I'm stuck inside. I have a lot to look forward to though within the next few months. My brother and sister-in-law are coming to visit from Canada next month, my sweet Tasha turns 2 next month as well, March brings the California trip, my good friend is coming to visit in April. So, at least I have stuff to look forward to.
Anyway, sorry for the rambling--that's what happens when life is full of sick kids and uneventful days, wiping snotty noses. But life goes on, and things can only get better.
No comments:
Post a Comment