Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

PHOTOGRAPHY

I have been excited to post about this new found obsession hobby of mine.  Back in November, I purchased a Canon Rebel T3 so I could start capturing my daughter's lives in much higher quality photos than my old digital camera (aka my smart phone). (Here's my new best friend): http://www.ibcart.com/imgs/prods/im5157B002CANEOST3KIT.jpg

I have ALWAYS loved photography but never thought that I could do it.  I've had a couple influential people in life that finally made me realize that I could actually cultivate an interest into a talent, so I took the plunge and went for it.  Now, at this point, I'm not good--I'm taking a photography class, and I just started a photo shop class (which for those of you who know PS, it's OVERWHELMING).  I'm learning how to look at my photographs from a technical perspective and I have tons to learn and I need tons of practice.

I always dreamed that I would teach high school when my kids were in school, but this hobby is starting to take on a life of it's own.  I'm dreaming bigger than I ever expected to.  I truly believe that I can be my own boss.  I can  own my own business.  I can learn to produce the kinds of photos that brides are proud to frame for their homes, the same with family photos, and babies.  I can learn to push the boundaries of creativity.

This is my year to live big.

I'm determined to succeed, and whether it's fate or luck, or what have you, I think my photography teacher is one of the best I can work under in Utah.  Check out her work!!
http://erinsummerillphotography.com/blog/

I'm learning a ton, I can already tell a difference in the quality of photos I'm taking, and I'm only going to get better!

I even dream about my camera and camera lenses.  Seriously.  It's a sickness right now.

No comments: