Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Spring Blues

I don't know about anyone else, but my spring blues have been way worse than my winter blues were this year.  Maybe it has been the yo-yo weather.  I feel so emotionally jerked around: good weather, bad weather, playing outside, stuck inside.  I don't do well with this, people!

I'll put that aside--I'm still working on my photography skills, or lack thereof.  I feel like I've chosen such a technological hobby (hopefully a money making business eventually), and I'm the most tehcnologically challenged person.  Ever.  It's a frustrating process.  There is so much to learn, think about when shooting people, that it's completely overwhelming.  However, it's also very gratifying to produce something beautiful. 

And on another note- my girls are doing great.  Tasha can be a little drama queen (she gets it from her Dad hahaha), but she is pure joy!  She loves animals, and is so excited to discover the world around her.  Corine will be 1 next month and she's still NOT crawling!!  She scoots and rolls everywhere, but I can tell she's getting frustrated.  Poor kid.  Out of the two girls, she's my instigator.  She knows how to push Tasha's buttons.  It's so funny!

And the big news is considering we are growing from a family of 4 to 5, we've traded in my car for a VAN.  Yes, I said it, a VAN.  I swore up and down I'd never own a van---well, I'll be picking it up on Saturday.  I told Kevin that if we looked into a van, I wouldn't buy anything other than a Honda Oddysey.  That didn't work out.  I had a car that died several years ago that insurance didn't cover, so we were upside down in my car.  We wanted to keep our payments relatively the same, so our only option that we had so we could roll in the negative equity was to buy domestic.  So, we are now the proud owners of  Dodge Caravan. I've gotta get over myself--I've heard such great things from mom's with kids my age about how great they are.  The perk too in regards to an SUV, is that vans have better gas mileage, they're cheaper to maintain, and my insurance stayed the same.  YAY!  All in all, it's practical and sensible for where we are in life.  Someday, I'll have the dream SUV, but for now, it feels good to make a smart decision based on practicality, than splurge on something that I'd regret just for pride's sake. 

And for now, Baby #3 seems to be fine.  I go in for my 16 week check up next week.  Hopefully, the dr. won't have any problems finding the heartbeat this time.  I don't know if it's in my head, but I could swear one in a blue moon I have felt movement.  Very subtle, that makes me wonder if it's my imagination or really movement.  I've felt my kids move really early on, so it's possible. 

3 comments:

Sam & Sam Pontious said...

Yeah for a mini van! :) I want a honda too! But sam is pulling for a truck we shall see once the 3rd one comes! I told him the red car needs to go as well, it wont fit 3 carseats in the back. I'm sick of having a car lot of cars! :0) it's been helpful though.. the weather is up and down, keep your head up and cheer on! :)

beapinkal said...

yay for a mini van!!! I loved SUVs while we weere looking around cars and almost bought one but we thought having a van would be our best choice for now. I would love to have a cool looking SUV one day, maybe when the kids are grown ups with their own car:) Until then i'm loving my van and would never trade it for anything:) I'm excited for you!!!

MelyMann said...

TOTALLY have the spring blues too my friend...we are way too alike sometimes! Love your blog Robin! We need to catch up via a PHONE call soon!