Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Baby Boy!!

We are thrilled at the addition of a boy in our family.  Kevin has been drowned in estrogen for quite a while now.  Wife, 2 daughters, and a female dog.  He just can't escape, the pink, purple, tears, tantrums, and drama.  I always joke that the girls get the drama from him.  :)

I'm the worst at keeping a journal, so it's nice to have an outlet where I can at least record thoughts and feelings fairly quickly before I forget them.  We knew at 12 weeks, that this was pretty much a boy.  But, 20 weeks definitely confirmed it.  My first feeling was relief.  I've always thought 3 kids would be so perfect for us.  I worry that the more children I have, the more exhausted I'll be, and that I won't have the same kind of time and energy for them the way I did with the first couple.  So for me, 3 feels like the magic number.  IF, and I mean IF we ever decide to add one more, it won't be for a LONG time.  (Which ultimately means there won't be a fourth kid, because I've always said I'm done having kids by 30--I want to RAISE my children in my 30's, not have them).  To each their own though.  By the time this baby is born, Tasha will only be 2.5 years older.  Three kids in 2.5 years is A LOT for a body to go through.  I've earned a break!! 

So now, it's time to think about juggling rooms around.  The girls will share a room.  I want to do an antique toy kinda decor for this little guy.  I want to give myself a project and actually make his bedding.  I have it all in my head what I want to do--I just need to figure out how to use my sewing machine. 

As far as names go, boy names are so much harder for me.  Girl names were hard for me too, but I had an easier time coming by them than boy names.  Any suggestions??  Our number one name is off the list because my brother-in-law named his little boy that.  (Emmett).  I like names that you don't hear every day, but aren't weird or out there.  If it's on a top 100 list, I probably won't use it.  The thing about a name too, is that it's such a direct reflection of the parents.  It's a big responsibility to name a child, because you hope they grown into a name because a name and identity are pretty inseperable.  Yikes!  So much to think about!

Well, having a boy will be very different for me (and I'm embarrassed to admit this), because I never wanted a boy.  They seem so much more wild, and rambunctious, and I don't do that stuff very well.  However, I also know I couldn't do another girl if she was anything like Corine.  I love her with all my heart, but she is FEISTY.  Maybe a boy is just what I need...

I'm totally rambling...that's what happens when my mind is going a million miles a minute.  This year and the next few while my children are so little, will definitely be an adventure!  And I wouldn't have it any other way. 

5 comments:

Scott & Melanie said...

Congrats on the baby boy! Scott and I are so happy for the two of you! Good luck finding a name!

beapinkal said...

as i said it will be pretty fun:) And you know not all boys are wild:) mine never were! So good luck!!!:) As far as name goes- i don't have anygood ones. I liked McKay but we wanted give our boys hungarian names;) I also loved a name Aben, my husband said it's not a real name:) It's not a real name here but i'm pretty sure it is a name:) anyways...good luck!!!:)

Andrea said...

Robin! I'm so happy for you and your little family! I don't have my own kids, but my brother has 7, so I feel like an expert anyway. Boys are crazy, yes, but so are girls. They're just wild in different ways. As far as names, I've always love Evan. It's getting more popular lately, but I still love it. I can't wait to hear what you decide on and to meet the little guy!

tammy said...

Congratulations! I'm always asked which is easier, boys or girls, and I always say it depends on the child. Having both I seriously could never pick one or the other. There are too many awesome things about both. I love the names Darcy and Bennett. Reminds me of Pride & Prejudice.....Also Malcolm. I was always partial to welsh/gaelic/scottish names. Like Connor and Cameron, Ian, Liam.....Or you could name him after an obsession like Stefan or Damon. That's what I did.....;)

Canadian Princess said...

Congrats again Robin!

I think I've told you this before but I think you're lucky the Lord went along with your plan (to be done by 30). I don't think most people (including me ) are quite so lucky;)